[Nhcoll-l] Trogoderma angustum monitoring

Dirk Neumann dirk.neumann at zsm.mwn.de
Mon Nov 14 09:01:17 EST 2016

Dear all,

we discovered recently that museum beetles found an excellent habitat
inside the atrium of our institution which is filled with gravel and -
between the gaps - dust and other remains that accumulated there during
the last decades.

Does anyone have specific experience in the monitoring of Trogoderma
angustum larvae and beetles? Apparently there are no specific traps, and
pheromones do not seem to work that well. Adult beetles can be attracted
with light traps, which is rather unspecific, too.

As we are currently not clear if the beetles spread from the atrium to
surrounding collection rooms, and if yes, in which direction of the
building, we would happy to receive any information that would help us
to set up a specific monitoring scheme for this species.

Thanks & all the best

Dirk

--
Dirk Neumann

Tel: 089 / 8107-111
Fax: 089 / 8107-300
email: Dirk.Neumann(a)zsm.mwn.de

Postanschrift:

Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns
Zoologische Staatssammlung München
Dirk Neumann, Sektion Ichthyologie / DNA-Labor
Münchhausenstr. 21
81247 München

Besuchen Sie unsere Sammlung:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.zsm.mwn.de_ich_&d=CwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=Iki74M0JT3OMERqcIhMkEWLAGJGiFR7UNlbyQBTv6YQ&s=QT5tLpXpDVsKENtu8oYBZGM1Ma-cnUjF0JPH8eQGhoM&e=

---------

Dirk Neumann

Tel: +49-89-8107-111
Fax: +49-89-8107-300
email: Dirk.Neumann(a)zsm.mwn.de

postal address:

Bavarian Natural History Collections
The Bavarian State Collection of Zoology
Dirk Neumann, Section Ichthyology / DNA-Lab
Muenchhausenstr. 21
81247 Munich (Germany)

Visit our section at: