[Nhcoll-l] need help with ID of geologic specimens

Dawn Roberts droberts at naturemuseum.org
Tue Oct 4 16:43:37 EDT 2016

Hello geology folks! Get out your hand lens - I could use some help with
identification of these specimens! Paperwork associated with them
indicates they were collected around Angola, Indiana prior to 1936. They
appear to be some kind of precipitate, but I haven't been able to
determine anything for certain and I'm open to suggestions for leads.

I've got a few more pictures if wanted, but they won't all go through
the list serve. Your help is appreciated!

Dawn

Dawn Roberts | Director of Collections

The Chicago Academy of Sciences / Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum

2430 North Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL 60614 | www.naturemuseum.org

Collections Facility and Office

4001 N Ravenswood Avenue, suite 201, Chicago, IL 60613 | 773-755-5125

The Urban Gateway to Nature and Science