[Nhcoll-l] Insects on Exhibit

Michael W. Kieron m.kieron at musnathist.com
Mon Oct 3 15:26:59 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am working on a short-term exhibit (~2 years) and plan to exhibit two
cases of pinned insects. I am limited to existing casework (pedestal slants
with .25 inch thick acrylic lids) which are not necessarily built to the
tightest tolerances. This has never been an issue with objects in these
cases before but the insects may be a more tempting meal. Is there a
recommended gasket material that would not look horrid? Or would regular
monitoring be okay?  I'm very hesitant to use anything like dichlorvos
strips. The insects are duplicates from the collection, but I do not want to
start an infestation.

Thanks!

Mike Kieron

Michael W. Kieron

Curator

Museum of Natural History & Planetarium

Roger Williams Park

1000 Elmwood Avenue,

Providence, RI 02907

(401) 680-7248

(401) 461-5146 (fax)

www.providenceri.com/museum

---
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivirus&d=CwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=larYX70RTggxRBEQg3Z7uo2zqYSs3ks6H5sMJNDnJV0&s=FaLj6wvAc2hJ00eeRVE7bmqfMrdWaoCQCNfdbfIXjLs&e=