[Nhcoll-l] Natural history session at AIC

Fran Ritchie franritchie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:57:48 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

Exciting news! The 2018 annual meeting of the American Institute for
Conservation (AIC) will include a general session on *Materials in Natural
History Collections - Care and Conservation*.

The meeting will be held in Houston, TX from May 29-June 2, 2018.

*Abstract submissions are due September 15, 2017. *I know there's a lot of
great work happening in this area and I encourage you to submit your
projects!

For more information, visit the AIC website:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.conservation-2Dus.org_annual-2Dmeeting_call-2Dfor-2Dsubmissions-23.WWeG9saZOl5&d=DwIFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=aDO9pxBytQcAb5xcFYt4n9JWtgSsJ7u6yJqhUiV71uo&s=RudYPcLiIIOM2BSzbtRzBZi8cDiwq-WQU_JmzICR9zM&e=

*Materials in Natural History Collections – Care and Conservation*Natural
history collections encompass almost every kind of material, from floral
and faunal specimens, to field notebooks, taxidermy animals, and gems and
minerals. For this session, we welcome papers focusing on the care and
conservation of materials which fall outside typical fine art material
norms.

Fran Ritchie
*Project Conservator*
*Natural Science Collections Conservation*
*American Museum of Natural History*
*(212) 313-7532*
*InTheirTrueColors.wordpress.com* <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__intheirtruecolors.wordpress.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=aDO9pxBytQcAb5xcFYt4n9JWtgSsJ7u6yJqhUiV71uo&s=jPZPkQatAB6wCnRc_4xkzKhskxZaVa-9kwWREHKNHks&e= >