[Nhcoll-l] Clear Acrylic Blocks

Lena Hernandez LHernandez at themosh.org
Wed Oct 4 13:17:22 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I had a question come in from our education folks. They would like use some of those insects preserved in clear acrylic for a program. The issue is they are having difficulty finding the exact species they need, so they decided to try making their own with the help of our exhibits team. Has anyone done this before? The few instructions that they have found online did not result in the nicest looking finished product.

If anyone has any pointers or links to references on how to make these, it would be most appreciated!

Lena

Lena Hernandez
Collections Manager & Registrar

Museum of Science & History