[Nhcoll-l] printer for labels in wet collections

Gali Beiner gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Jun 3 02:07:21 EDT 2018

Dear All,

We're gearing up to the purchase of a suitable printer for labels for wet
collections. It will help very much to have your recommendations (or
dis-recommendations) for printer and type of paper.

I've followed discussions on this subject in the past, and if I remember
correctly, the recommeded sort of printer was the inkjet (as opposed to
laser) printer. I've also noticed publications such as Zala et al. (2005)
in Collection Forum 19(1-2) and do read information such as the SPNHC page
on labeling natural history collections (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__spnhc.biowikifarm.net_wiki_Labeling-5FNatural-5FHistory-5FCollections&d=DwIBaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=XeqT_9JZG36j3x_bZVTu22oKFuJQY8PbA1gJ1Vb59RM&s=Ki3s7Awu6Flu8AO0Y2vyoqjDCLEdfNR0l0H2it8zID4&e= ) -
but would also be happy to receive your feedback on this subject. If you
have a printer for labels for wet collections, which type of printer is it,
and how are the printed labels holding up?

Thanks,

Gali

--
Gali Beiner (ACR)