[Nhcoll-l] Fwd: Wyoming Biodiversity Institute Closing

Matthew D. Carling mcarling at uwyo.edu
Tue Sep 25 11:34:08 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

 I’m not a subscriber to this list-serve, but a few folks who are forwarded the email James Erdmann posted a couple of days ago to me, so I wanted to take a minute to provide some additional context. For those of you who don’t know me, I am the faculty curator of the University of Wyoming Museum of Vertebrates.

 First, in case it isn’t explicitly clear, the University of Wyoming Museum of Vertebrates is not part of the Biodiversity Institute. As James said, we work closely with the BI for some of our outreach/education activities and we are very concerned about its closure, but there is no administrative overlap between us and the BI.

 Second, if you have any questions, please direct them to me and not Beth Wommack. While Beth is certainly capable of answering questions, that’s not her job.

 Third, feel free to look at the survey and even fill it out if you’d like, but I am not suggesting or advocating that you do.

 Fourth, to those of you who received a similar email I sent to Avecol, I apologize for cluttering your inbox.

Thank you.

Matt Carling

Matt Carling, PhD
Department of Zoology & Physiology