[Nhcoll-l] Forum Post Mammal Specimen Fungi

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 15 09:02:26 EDT 2019

Ethanol is good as it neutralises the fungus and acts as a ‘cleaning’ agent at the same time.  You can apply with an artist’s brush or cotton buds and just swab it away.  If you’re worried about skin dehydration then the buds may work better but take longer.With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,

www.natural-history-conservation.com