[Nhcoll-l] glass storage for fluid collections

John E Simmons simmons.johne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 15:07:12 EDT 2019

It is important to find out where the glass is manufactured, and make sure
they send you a sample of each size to test. There is a lot of glassware
entering the market from China and other countries that is not properly
annealed and thus much more fragile than the soda-lime glass we are all
used to.

--John

John E. Simmons
Writer and Museum Consultant
Museologica
*and*
Associate Curator of Collections
Earth and Mineral Science Museum & Art Gallery
Penn State University
*and*
Investigador Asociado, Departamento de Ornitologia
Museo de Historia Natural, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima