[Nhcoll-l] glass storage for fluid collections

Neisskenwirth Fabian fabian.neisskenwirth at nmbe.ch
Mon Sep 9 02:31:03 EDT 2019

I’m working with these borosilicate jars very intensively and I really can’t complain so much. It’s true that they are very thin and that this was not the aim when it was sent to production. But still it’s much better than regular soda-lime jars (because it borosilicate). The producer is called Vitro. It’s a small German company that makes Laser imprinting… Somehow a colleague got them to produce museum jars. This thin jars are the result, they still need improvement (specially the thin bottom), but in my opinion, it’s the beginning for a new museum jar. Where else can you get long jars up to 40 cm with Twist off opening off 82mm or 100mm.?
Maybe some other company could take the effort to produce the same jars in better quality?

Cheers from Bern,
--
Fabian Neisskenwirth
Präparation