[Nhcoll-l] big wings?

Bernhard Bock bernhard-leopold.bock at uni-jena.de
Fri Aug 14 10:43:28 EDT 2020

Hey Tonya,

I don't know how your wings are prepared, we started to cut them open
and fill them with a wire/woodwool construction which is modelled like
the real bones and muscles. On the end we have a little thicker stub
with a little hook to hang them.

We made some space where we started to hang them, wings get the same
label as the body or skeleton and so on.

Hanging in our collection has the advantegs that we didn't had any
bugs in them yet, despite we never sprayed them. Also, moving our
shelf es, the wings start to shake a little by only hanging in, that
movement seems to annoy bugs.

I put some pictures in attachment, hope that may help,

In pictures you can se a crane wing, stork and eagle owl hanging that
you have an impression for size.

Best regards
Bernd

--