[Nhcoll-l] Natural History Museum Interior Arthropod Biodiversity

Derek Sikes dssikes at alaska.edu
Thu Dec 17 14:41:58 EST 2020

All,

Earlier this year I solicited input from these lists regarding publications
on species collected alive inside Natural History Museums.

Thanks again to all those who replied with information!

The study I was working on with a Univ. Alaska Fairbanks undergraduate
student is now published and might be of interest

Sikes, D. S., Callegari, K. 2020. Interior ecosystem in the subarctic:
wild, living, arthropod biodiversity in the University of Alaska Museum,
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States of America. The Canadian Entomologist.
https://doi.org/10.4039/tce.2020.56

This project started as my student Kyle's class project in entomology and
developed nicely into this final product. If you have similar data for your
museum, and a student looking for a project, consider adding to this
nascent literature on interior ecosystems.

-Derek

--

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects

dssikes at alaska.edu

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469
he/him/his
University of Alaska Museum  -  search 400,276 digitized arthropod records
http://arctos.database.museum/uam_ento_all
<http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/>

Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological
Network" at
http://www.akentsoc.org/contact_us