[Nhcoll-l] Survey Distribution Help

Cody Thompson cwthomp at umich.edu
Tue Jul 14 09:55:12 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues:

I am writing in my capacity as a member of the COVID-19 Task Force
<https://cetaf.org/covid19-taf-communities-taking-action>, a joint
initiative supported by the Consortium of European Taxonomic Facilities
(CETAF) and the Distributed System of Scientific Collections (DiSSCo).  In
particular, I am involved in the subgroup associated with museum
collections, which is tasked with reviewing and recommending guidelines for
the preservation of viral evidence.  We are especially interested in better
connecting the microbiological and museum communities, both personally and
through infrastructural changes to the archiving of host specimens
(vouchers) in museum collections.

As such, we are seeking the input of our microbiology colleagues to assess
the strength of current connections to museums and to guide our
recommendations moving forward.  We are soliciting survey respondents a
number of ways, but we would appreciate* help from the natural history
community* to distribute this online survey with their colleagues.  The
survey can be found here:
https://bucknell.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cuc17LGMzwPVC4J.  Please let
me know if you have any questions.

I appreciate the help in advance!

Sincerely,
Cody

Cody W. Thompson, PhD
Mammal Collections Manager
& Assistant Research Scientist
University of Michigan
Museum of Zoology
3600 Varsity Drive
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108
Office: (734) 615-2810
Fax: (734) 763-4080
Email: cwthomp at umich.edu
Website: codythompson.org

of Michigan Museum of Zoology has suspended non-essential operations. This
includes access to the collections via scientific visits or outgoing loans.
Please do not ship collections (gifts, exchange, loan returns, etc.) to the
museum at this time.*