[Nhcoll-l] Smoke in the collections

Haff, Tonya (NCMI, Crace) Tonya.Haff at csiro.au
Wed Jul 29 19:37:47 EDT 2020

Having survived the dense smoke of the bushfires in SE Australia this year, I would say that it will just go away on its own eventually...I can't give you a timeline, though, as I think we may have got habituated to the smell before it actually went away. I would not air things out, due to pest concerns; we never died, either in the collections or at home, and the smell eventually dissipated. So sorry you have to deal with this, though, as I know how awful it is!

Cheers,

Tonya