[Nhcoll-l] Save these dates: ADBC Conference and Pre-Conference Webinar Series

Nelson,Gil gnelson at floridamuseum.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 8 14:25:30 EDT 2020

Please join iDigBio for our ADBC Conference and Pre-Conference Mini Webinar Series:

Pre Conference Webinar Event: September 15 - 17, 2020; 2:00-3:30 pm Eastern

Taking the Pulse of Natural History Collections During COVID-19 Series: Where are we now?

[cid:6189375c-6625-487f-bb7d-f33dfed1866f]

Join iDigBio, NSCA, BCON, NSF, and SPNHC for a mini-series to discuss the climate of natural history collections during COVID. What is the community experiencing? How are they coping? How do we persevere?

September 15: Review Results of BCON’s Community Survey & Break-out room discussion

Speakers: Gil Nelson, Barbara Thiers

September 16: Collections Perspectives & Break-out room discussion

Speakers: Brian Atkinson, John Bates, Emily Braker, Mare Nazaire

September 17: Moving Forward: Communities Response and Opportunities for the Future: Presentations and Panel Discussion/Q&A

Speakers: Rob Gropp, Scott Miller, Pam Soltis, Roland Roberts

Zoom link for series: https://ufl.zoom.us/j/93561818170?pwd=eVRxU1RWQWE2VGFhTi91enV6WWJvdz09

For additional information visit: https://www.idigbio.org/content/webinar-series-adapting-covid-resources-natural-history-collections-new-virtual-world

2020 ADBC Conference: September 22 - 25, 2020; 1:00 pm Eastern

[cid:1d3dacb8-8040-408d-826c-e49b7da6e57a]

This year's virtual format will allow a unique opportunity for all interested members within the ADBC community to be able to attend and participate in this yearly event. The annual ADBC Summit brings together representatives from TCNs, PENs, NSF, iDigBio, and other initiatives related to the U.S. National Science Foundation’s Advancing Digitization of Biodiversity Collections (ADBC) program. The Summit inspires collaboration and focuses discussions on shared goals, challenges, and opportunities.

September 22: New TCN Orientation and Existing TCN Networking Opportunities

September 23: Keynote Speakers: Ian Owens and Rebecca Johnson, Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History & New TCN Presentations

September 24: TCN Presentations

September 25: National Academy of Sciences' Survey Report, Looking forward with NSF Panel, and Panel Discussion/ Q&A

For additional agenda details and daily Zoom Registration information, please visit: https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/ADBC_Summit_2020

Jillian Goodwin

iDigBio Conference Manager

Florida Museum of Natural History