[Nhcoll-l] Lane museum cabinet repairs

Lance McBrayer lancemcbrayer at georgiasouthern.edu
Mon Apr 5 16:04:33 EDT 2021

Greetings everyone

We have a couple dozen 30+ year old Lane cabinets. The door seals have worn
out, and been replaced prior to our inheritance of them. Yet the
replacement is too thick and now for some, we can not, or can barely, close
the door and latch the handle.  Does anyone know of an appropriate
replacement? and the appropriate size?  I've asked a Rep at Lane and they
couldn't offer any suggestions.

Likewise, several handles, locks, and/or locking rods have broken such that
the handle will not turn to latch closed, or is locked/stuck in a close or
open position.  Does anyone have any suggestions for parts, or repairs, or
experience with handle/latch problems.  It strikes us that a repair would
be far cheaper than a new cabinet and the issue is solely with this
mechanism. Otherwise these cabinets are in great shape.

Thanks for any advice

--
Lance D. McBrayer
Associate Dean of Faculty & Research Programs