[Nhcoll-l] Protozoa collection

Collins, Allen COLLINSA at si.edu
Thu Apr 15 14:38:59 EDT 2021

We have such a collection under the name “Protozoa” in the collections at Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History (Department of Invertebrate Zoology). Most of the specimens in this collection are in the form of slides.

We have about 4,400 specimens in this collection, and some date back more than 100 years ago.
Cheers,
—Allen

Dr. Allen G. Collins<http://invertebrates.si.edu/staff/collins.cfm>
Zoologist & Director of National Systematics Lab<https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/about/national-systematics-laboratory> of NOAA Fisheries, Office of SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Curator of Porifera and Cnidaria for SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY

  *   Phone: 202.633.0645 Emails: collinsa at si.edu<mailto:collinsa at si.edu>; Allen.Collins at noaa.gov<mailto:Allen.Collins at noaa.gov>
  *   Mail: Department of Invertebrate Zoology, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, MRC-163, P.O. Box 37012, Washington, D.C. 20013-7012 USA
  *   Courier Address: Smithsonian Institution, MR 0163, Natural History, West Loading Dock, 10th and Constitution Ave NW, Washington, D.C. 20560