[Nhcoll-l] Antw: IPM Freezer recommendations

Joachim Händel Joachim.Haendel at zns.uni-halle.de
Wed Aug 25 01:48:33 EDT 2021

Hello Melissa,
it depends on which objects you want to freeze.
For insects, we have had very good experience with LIEBHERR freezers.

https://home.liebherr.com/en/usa/ncsa/commercial/research-and-laboratory/details/lgpv-8420.html

https://home.liebherr.com/external/products/products-assets/294681/SP_LGPv8420_137_40.pdf

There fit the Insect drawers exactly in.

(In Europe, there is also an inexpensive version for bakeries in this
temperature range - but I have not found it on the US website).

Good luck
Joachim

--
Joachim Haendel

Center of Natural Sciences Collections
of the Martin Luther University
- Entomological Collection -

Domplatz 4
D-06099 Halle (Saale)
Germany

Phone:  +49 345 - 55 26 447
Fax:  +49 345 - 55 27 248
Email: joachim.haendel at zns.uni-halle.de

>>> Melissa Bechhoefer <Melissa.Bechhoefer at dmns.org> 24.08.21 19.32 Uhr

    p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {
    margin: 0.0in;
    font-size: 11.0pt;
    font-family: Calibri , sans-serif;
}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {
    color: rgb(5,99,193);
    text-decoration: underline;
}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
    color: rgb(149,79,114);
    text-decoration: underline;
}
span.EmailStyle17 {
    font-family: Calibri , sans-serif;
    color: windowtext;
}
*.MsoChpDefault {
    font-family: Calibri , sans-serif;
}
div.WordSection1 {
    page: WordSection1;
}
    Hello, IPM minds –

 Our trusted upright two-door Kelvinator is about to retire against our
wishes, and we are looking at options to replace it. Looking for one- or
two-door upright freezers that can hang in the -30/-35C range. We’ve
found a number online,  but would be curious to hear if anyone has
recent models or companies they can recommend (or suggest we avoid).
Much thanks in advance.

     Melissa Bechhoefer
 Director of Integrative Collections
 she/her/hers

   melissa.bechhoefer at dmns.org
 Work  303.370.6401

     2001 Colorado Blvd.
 Denver, CO 80205

   www.dmns.org/science/

 We are OPEN!  Explore ancient mysteries and modern discoveries in
"Stonehenge" the  exhibition. And investigate patterns and
numbers hiding in plain sight in “Numbers  in Nature: A Mirror Maze.”

 ¡El museo está ABIERTO!  Explora los misterios antiguos y los
descubrimientos modernos en la exhibición "Stonehenge". Y  descubre los
patrones y los números que se esconden a simple vista en "Los Números en
la Naturaleza: Un Laberinto de Espejos".