[Nhcoll-l] hydraulic lift table suggestions

Adam Rountrey arountre at umich.edu
Thu Jan 14 18:13:17 EST 2021

Hi Carrie,
We have a few manual lifts here at the UMMP, and I suppose each has its
pros and cons.  Take note of the weight of the lift itself when comparing
them.  We purchased one with a high lift range, and it weighs about 400lbs,
making it difficult to move/stop and dangerous to use on inclines.  You
might also consider a manual "stacker" like the Vestil HYD-15 (no
endorsement, just an example).  They allow you to get the platform closer
to the floor (and higher, in some cases).
-Adam

Adam N. Rountrey, Ph.D.
Research Museum Collection Manager
University of Michigan Museum of Paleontology
T: +1 734 936 1385
3D Online Repository (UMORF) <https://umorf.ummp.lsa.umich.edu/wp/>