[Nhcoll-l] Sleeves for Lepidopterans

Menard, Katrina katrina.menard at uconn.edu
Thu Jul 1 16:04:03 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I was curious whether there are collections out there that store sleeved lepidopteran material (like Odonata). We have a large amount of butterflies that are stored in paper and glassine envelopes that would take several lifetimes to spread, and we neither have the time nor space to go that route. We like the idea of glassine sleeves as a more permanent and protective way to store our enveloped material, but wanted more input from the community on this.

Thank you for any input you might have :).

Katrina Menard

Dr. Katrina Menard
Collection Manager, Invertebrates
Ecology & Evolutionary Biology