[Nhcoll-l] Collection Research Request for Information

Sean Tudor studor at nature.ca
Tue Jul 13 15:14:23 EDT 2021

Apologies for cross-posting

Hello,

The Canadian Museum of Nature, in partnership with the University of Ottawa is currently conducting research about human remains collection, storage and/or exhibition in Canadian museums supplied by or purchased from medical/scientific supply companies. For example, human remains purchased through the “Canadian Anatomical Specimen Supply Company." The time period we are specifically interested in is 1960-2000, although we welcome relevant resources from any period in time.

We are writing to ask if you would kindly consult your museum archives or collections for any information on medical/scientific/anatomical supply companies that imported and sold human remains. If your museum has, in the past, purchased human remains from outside of Canada for display or storage, and you have access to any documents pertaining to the purchase, we would kindly ask if you would consider sharing them with us to assist in our research. Examples of these documents include but are not limited to: pricing catalogues, purchasing orders, supply company advertisements, and correspondence between these companies and museum staff.

We thank you in advance for your assistance with our project, and we welcome further questions on our research if you have them.

Thank you!

Sean Tudor

Head, Collection Services and Information Management

Chef, Service des collections et gestion de l’information

Canadian Museum of Nature / Musée canadien de la nature

613-364-4122

343-542-8122 cell

studor at nature.ca

[https://www.nature.ca/sites/all/themes/realdecoy/images/splash/splash-logo.jpg] <https://nature.ca/>

Saving the World with Evidence, Knowledge and Inspiration. (click to learn more)<https://nature.ca/en/about-us/museum-corporation/mission-mandate>
Sauver le monde avec des preuves, des connaissances et de l'inspiration. (cliquez pour en savoir plus)<https://nature.ca/fr/sujet-musee/mission-organisation/mission-organisation>

[https://nature.ca/email/signatures/generic/cmn_generic.jpg] <https://nature.ca/>

Emailfooter20201231_GetIntoEntrezDansLaNature.