[Nhcoll-l] Recommendations on jars for displaying fluid specimens

Cassidy, Kelly Michela cassidyk at wsu.edu
Mon Jul 26 16:56:10 EDT 2021

Another idea that is not as permanent or difficult to do as the sealed plastic boxes:

This works best if you have flat-sided, wide-mouthed jars. Tie the specimen to a sturdy piece of white paper, like matting used for frames. Pack the jar with cotton behind mounted specimen to hold the specimen against the glass. The pictures show the front and side view of a teaching collection specimen displayed this way.

Dr. Kelly M. Cassidy, Curator, Conner Museum
School of Biological Sciences
Box 644236
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-4236