[Nhcoll-l] Abstract Deadline Aug 9 for 6th Annual Safety & Cultural Heritage Summit Virtual

Kathryn Makos kamakos at verizon.net
Wed Jul 28 14:42:09 EDT 2021

Reminder! Abstracts due Aug 9, for the 2021 Safety and Cultural Heritage
Summit: Preserving Our Heritage and Protecting Our Health

The Potomac Section of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, the
Washington Conservation Guild, the Smithsonian Institution's Office of
Safety, Health and Environmental Management, and the Smithsonian National
Collections Program will once again collaborate with the Lunder Conservation
Center to host a Safety and Cultural Heritage Summit.

Half-days

Tuesday, 19 October, and Wednesday, 20 October 2021

Presented On-line - FREE Registration!

We are now accepting abstracts focusing on controlling health and safety
risks from preparing, treating, managing, and exhibiting artistic, historic,
and natural science collections as well as abating structural hazards and
responding to disasters impacting collections, including challenges of the
pandemic. We welcome case studies and action plans, and we encourage joint
presentations by conservators, collections care professionals, AND health &
safety professionals!

Presenters have 4 submission options:

1.            An abstract for a 20-minute presentation.  Additional time
will be allotted for questions.

2.            An abstract for a 10-minute presentation.  Additional time
will be allotted for questions.

3.            An abstract for a 60 or 90-minute panel with multiple
speakers; either time-frame must allow for 15 minutes for speaker/audience
discussion. Abstract to include names of moderator and panelists.

4.            An abstract for a virtual poster. Poster format requirements
will be provided after your submission is accepted.  The poster will be
included on the Summit Virtual site; no presentation needed.

Abstracts must specify your submission preference, a provisional title,
names and contact information for each submitter, panelist & moderator, and
not exceed 400 words. Presentations may be delivered live or prerecorded.

Please send your presentation abstracts to
summit-abstracts at washingtonconservationguild.org
<mailto:summit-abstracts at washingtonconservationguild.org>  by COB August 9.

Kathryn Makos, MPH CIH

(Ret) Smithsonian Institution OSHEM

Chair, AIHA Museum & Cultural Heritage Industry Working Group