[Nhcoll-l] Enhancing collections' visibility with augmented Reality (AR)

Huong Lien Tran huong.tran at uq.net.au
Thu Jun 10 11:58:34 EDT 2021

Hi,

This query has less to do with collection management than with technological involvement. One of the museum in our network is enjoying a grant from the provincial government to revitalize their ethnological collections, and among other activities, they are looking around for VR/AR solutions to bring the collections to a modern audience, if feasible/possible.

So my query is, does anyone has experience developing AR to enhance to the collections' visibility. What are the pitfalls, or which literature resource would be a good start for people with no experience with AR before. Even if they might not be able to manage AR at the moment, they would like to have some advice about what to be aware of, and prepare for future projects.

Yours sincerely,

---
Huong-Lien TRAN
Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
18 Hoang Quoc Viet Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Website: http://vast.ac.vn/