[Nhcoll-l] Adult male humpback whale skeleton with pelvic bones and sternum

Heather Janetzki heather.janetzki at qm.qld.gov.au
Mon Jun 14 19:56:59 EDT 2021

Dear Collection Managers,
I was wondering if any museum has an adult male humpback skeleton in their collection in particular, sternum and pelvic bones. The Queensland Museum is working with the Canadian company "Cetacea" on a project to put an articulated mature male humpback skeleton on display in Queensland.  The skeleton is missing its pelvic bones and sternum.  We are looking to have these replicated for interpretation and hoping to either find pre-existing digital scans of the pelvic bones and sternum from another mature male humpback skeleton or original bones as reference. We have an adult female specimen from the South Australian Museum and while size differences, wondering if there are any changes to their shape we should note.
Kind regards,
Heather

Heather Janetzki
Collection Manager (Mammals/Birds)
Biodiversity Program
PO Box 3300 | South Brisbane BC | Queensland 4101 | Australia
t. 07 31534426 | southbank.qm.qld.gov.au<http://www.southbank.qm.qld.gov.au/>

The information in this email together with any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. There is no waiver of any confidentiality/privilege by your inadvertent receipt of this material. Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless as a necessary part of Queensland Museum business. If you have received this message in error, you are asked to inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message and any copies of this message from your computer and/or your computer system network.