[Nhcoll-l] Storage methods for micromammal tooth and bones

Vicen Carrio v.carrio at nms.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 05:02:39 EDT 2021

Dear Marta,

There are lots of ways on keeping your microfossils:
Specimen trays, Screw cap vials, w/pins in corks, Shell vials, w/pins in corks, Gelatin capsules in vials, Gelatin capsules, Baggies , Micro-centrifuge cuvettes, Cuvettes,…
The best found was cuvettes.
You could search for the paper that Matt Smith published in 2007: “Vertebrate Microfossil Storage, the Basics and a New Technique”

Yours,

Vicen

Ms Vicen Carrió ACR
Geological Conservator/ Preparator