[Nhcoll-l] Humidity in collection rooms

Callomon,Paul prc44 at drexel.edu
Fri Jun 25 10:58:16 EDT 2021

I'd be interested to know if there are any published studies of the spark ignition of ethanol vapors - perhaps others would too, so if you know of any - chime in! My experience with other volatiles, such as gasoline, is that spark ignition is unlikely once even a moderate amount of dissipation in air has occurred, but also that such vapors can create "trails" in still, dense air (linking, for example, the pouring point with the spot at which the container was put down and capped).

Paul Callomon MSc
Collection Manager, Malacology and General Invertebrates
Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Philadelphia
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
callomon at ansp.org<mailto:callomon at ansp.org> Tel 215-405-5096 - Fax 215-299-1170