[Nhcoll-l] UPDATE: Regulatory Changes for Imports to the European Union effective on 15 March 2021

Dirk Neumann neumann at snsb.de
Mon Mar 22 11:37:56 EDT 2021

Dear all,

DHL Express just provided to following information with basically is in
line with what has been circulated end of February:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR EXPRESS SHIPMENTS?

  * The previous de minimis exemption limit of EUR 22 for imports into
    Germany will cease to apply as of July 01, 2021.

  * All imports are thus subject to customs declaration and a formal
    customs declaration is required

WHAT DO WE REQUIRE FROM THE SHIPPER?

 1. Indication of a complete and accurate description of the goods on
    the DHL Express shipping label.
 2. At best, an electronic transmission of the commercial invoice data:
     1. Address and contact details of the shipper, receiver and
        responsible importer (IoR= Importer of Record).
     2. Value of goods, freight and insurance costs (depending on Incoterm)
     3. Line item, detailed description of goods, HS codes and country
        of origin
     4. Incoterms, weight and quantity
     5. Reason of Export

EXPORT
Youhave businesspartners ina nonEUcountryfrom which you regularly
receive shipments:
Inform your business partners!
Because only if they provide correct and complete data for customs
clearance, shipments can pass through customs smoothly and the goods you
are expecting can be delivered without transit delays. More details
aboutthechanges canbe found at: dhl-eucustoms.com

With best wishes
Dirk Neumann

--
Dirk Neumann

Tel: 089 / 8107-111
Fax: 089 / 8107-300
*new email: neumann(a)snsb.de*

Postanschrift:

Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns
Zoologische Staatssammlung München
Dirk Neumann, Sektion Ichthyologie / DNA-Storage
Münchhausenstr. 21
81247 München

Besuchen Sie unsere Sammlung:
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/sektion/ichthyologie-home/

---------

Dirk Neumann

Tel: +49-89-8107-111
Fax: +49-89-8107-300
*new email: neumann(a)snsb.de*

postal address:

Bavarian Natural History Collections
The Bavarian State Collection of Zoology
Dirk Neumann, Section Ichthyology / DNA-Storage
Muenchhausenstr. 21
81247 Munich (Germany)

Visit our section at:
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/sektion/ichthyologie-home/