[Nhcoll-l] Guata / Watte for curation subjects

Sergio Montagud sergio.montagud at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:27:02 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, a company that helps us to transport specimens for a coming exposition, come to the museum to prepare all the material. I help them in the process and when we want to arrange a large box of bird eggs, I see they wanted to use a thing close to the cotton to ensure the samples. They told me that that material was "Guata" (I think watte in English), and I can use it extremely well to ensure individual each egg on his box. My question is if anybody has used this material in his museum work and if somebody knows negative effects for the specimens, such as acid components in the fiber that can damage thespecimens or something like that.
Thanks for help!

Sergio

Sergio Montagud

Museu [UV] Història Natural