[Nhcoll-l] Galvanized steel museum cabinets and long-term specimen storage (?)

Jesyka Melendez Jesyka.Melendez at humboldt.edu
Wed Oct 20 11:29:55 EDT 2021

Dear all,

I was hoping some of you might be able to shed light on any potential
problems associated with long-term specimen storage (e.g. skins + bones) in
galvanized steel cabinets. I've been told that there are long-term specimen
storage issues related to off-gassing from the cabinets, but I haven't been
able to find any documentation on this or any other issues.

Any insight you are able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

--
*Jesyka Meléndez Rosa, **Ph.D.*
Lecturer and Vertebrate Museum Collections Manager