[Nhcoll-l] Thermal Printers for Wet Collection Labels

Mary Sollows Mary.Sollows at nbm-mnb.ca
Thu Oct 21 15:45:07 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience using the Honeywell PX940 thermal printer for producing labels to be stored in ethanol for wet collections?  I am interested in the printer's ability to consistently produce high quality, legible print without having to deal with frequent ribbon wrinkling. We need to replace our old model Datamax 300 dpi printer as soon as possible.  Based on reviews from other museums, we investigated the availability of Honeywell PM43 (nearing its End of Life status), Honeywell PM45 (not yet released) and the CAB Squix 4 (estimate delivery time is sometime in 2022). I would really appreciate your advice.

Regards,
Mary

Mary Sollows, M.Sc.
Curatorial and Research Technician|Technicienne de conservation et recherche
Department of Natural History / Département d'histoire naturelle
New Brunswick Museum / Musée du Nouveau-Brunswick
277 Douglas Ave.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Canada  E2K 1E5

Mary.Sollows at nbm-mnb.ca<mailto:Mary.Sollows at nbm-mnb.ca>