[Nhcoll-l] Drums, etc

John E Simmons simmons.johne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:45:02 EDT 2022

I agree with Andy, the Delta Design steel tanks are vastly superior to any
others on the market.

I also second his choice for the "Gamma Seal lid" containers. Laura
Abrazinskas has used these at the Michigan State University Museum for
years with great success--they seal really tight.

Keep all polyethylene (usually stamped PE on the bottom) out of sunlight
and interior UV sources (such as fluorescent lights), as exposure to UV
will cause the PE to deteriorate over time.

--John

John E. Simmons
Writer and Museum Consultant
Museologica
*and*
Associate Curator of Collections
Earth and Mineral Science Museum & Art Gallery
Penn State University
*and*
Investigador Asociado, Departamento de Ornitologia
Museo de Historia Natural, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima