[Nhcoll-l] Google Earth fix?

Douglas Yanega dyanega at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 14:06:25 EST 2022

On 1/6/22 10:55 AM, Thomas J Trombone wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> There's apparently a third-party plug-in that provides county boundaries. See this post for more info:
>
> https://support.google.com/earth/thread/124369583/county-boundaries-and-other-information-missing-from-new-borders-and-labels-layer?hl=en&msgid=133045875
>
> and here's the page for the plug-in: https://www.earthpoint.us/Counties.aspx
>
> I've barely tried using it myself, so I can't vouch for its utility.

AHA!

Yes, this does exactly restore the previous display feature, with county
names and boundaries. I see that apparently Google Earth made the switch
in mid-to-late 2021, and have gotten lots of complaints already.

Thanks for this. The others who have linked as US Census layer, you
might try this EarthPoint layer as well.

Peace,

              https://faculty.ucr.edu/~heraty/yanega.html