[Nhcoll-l] Skeletons assembly

Sergio Montagud sergio.montagud at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 06:43:10 EST 2022

Dear all,

We are looking the best type of glue to use for assembly skeletons and standarize a protocol. Many of our specimens come from students' work, who have used mostly the Loctite glue (instant glue) for small animals like birds, reptiles, rodents and bats. Other animals like large mammals or prey raptors has been mounted with Epoxi glue, that mixed two components and remains very fixed. But this mix is dark color. Other pieces in the paleontology collection are join with Paraloid with high concentration.

What cain of glue do you recommended for setting skeletons and join bones as principal protocol?

Is there any well-documented work or reference where all this information is indicated?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio

--
Sergio Montagud Alario