[Nhcoll-l] Collections Lit Club July meetup

Rincon Rodriguez,Laura rinconrodriguezl at ufl.edu
Fri Jul 8 14:10:09 EDT 2022

Hello everyone! ¡Hola a todos!

I'm back with my Collections Lit Club. Finally, I got my master's in museum studies! 🎉

The upcoming Zoom meetup will be on July 15th at 5:00 p.m (EDT). The topic is, What is the current situation of the natural history collections in Latin America?. I will have guests from Ecuador, Argentina, Paraguay and Colombia who will be sharing their experiences.

This is our reading (pdf titled as: The shaping of Latin American museums of Natural history, 1850-1990. July 2022): https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1qEYCKcG6cRgiLORdFmr68QI5c-5RrXmw This article was written by Maria Margaret Lopes and Irina Podgorny in 2001.

Zoom link: Topic: Collections Lit Club July 2022
Time: Jul 15, 2022 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ufl.zoom.us/j/93613170227

ID: 936 1317 0227

You're welcome to bring your drinks, snacks and of course questions or comments. If you want to be only a listener, feel free to do that!

Remember the club meetups are a non-academic space where your opinions and experiences will be respected and kept confidential.

Thanks and see you soon.

Laura Rincón
Museum Studies professional
University of Florida
Twitter: @LauRincon222
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laura-rinc%C3%B3n-3911681a6/
Blog: https://collectionslitclub.wordpress.com/

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” Maya Angelou