[Nhcoll-l] How to display herbarium specimens without color fading

Mariana Di Giacomo maru.digi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 09:37:54 EST 2022

Dear Rebecca,

Your experiment was great to show that UV light is not the only source of
radiation responsible for the fading of museum objects or specimens.
Visible light is also to blame, especially if the light levels are too
high. I would recommend you take a look at this great source of
information:
https://www.canada.ca/en/conservation-institute/services/agents-deterioration/light.html

Best,
Mariana

*Mariana Di Giacomo, PhD*
*Natural History Conservator, Yale Peabody Museum*
Associate Editor, Collection Forum, SPNHC
Secretary/Communications APOYOnline