[Nhcoll-l] Advice on estimating the value of donated collections?

Dirk Neumann neumann at snsb.de
Tue Mar 8 12:38:55 EST 2022

Dear Hannu,

1€ would be better; within the EU (and the single market) you have no
customs borders anyway, and if you need to send materials to Norway,
Switzerland or Iceland, 1€ would be preferable to avoid import taxes.
Usually, the threshold for import tax is low (until the most recent
amendment this year, the minor threshold value was 22€). Colleagues were
charged recently few cent because the declared value was 5€ ...

With best wishes
Dirk

--

Dirk Neumann

Tel: 089 / 8107-111
Fax: 089 / 8107-300
neumann(a)snsb.de

Postanschrift:

Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns
Zoologische Staatssammlung München
Dirk Neumann, Sektion Ichthyologie / DNA-Storage
Münchhausenstr. 21
81247 München

Besuchen Sie unsere Sammlung:
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/sektion/ichthyologie-home/

---------

Dirk Neumann

Tel: +49-89-8107-111
Fax: +49-89-8107-300
neumann(a)snsb.de

postal address:

Bavarian Natural History Collections
The Bavarian State Collection of Zoology
Dirk Neumann, Section Ichthyology / DNA-Storage
Muenchhausenstr. 21
81247 Munich (Germany)

Visit our section at:
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/sektion/ichthyologie-home/