[Nhcoll-l] Compactor/mobile storage systems for paleo collections

Cundiff, Jessica D. jcundiff at oeb.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 15 14:29:13 EDT 2023

Hi Tiffany,

At the MCZ all of the invert paleo collection is in compactors. Heaviest material we have are the fossil corals. Those are in 4 foot Delta cabinets with doors and double stacked. I don't recall the weight we estimated per cabinet or the weight limit they gave us per compactor section, but we did not exceed the weight the compactor can handle. We have a lot of heavy corals in a fairly long compactor sections and have no issues moving as long as we move one section at a time. We have also had a few issues with water leaks that caused the rails to rust, but they still move easily.

Jessica