[Nhcoll-l] Museum Study Skins and Mitigating Formalin

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Tue Aug 29 09:43:50 EDT 2023

Duke

You may consider getting a HEPA vacuum that can be used to vacuum skins, skeletal material and cases to get rid of powdered formalin.  PPE during this procedure is a must with respirator, gloves, lab coat etc. to protect those working on the material.

We use Nilfisk HEPA vacuum cleaners here at the Biodiversity Institute for all our collection needs - https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/nilfisk-gm-80-hepa-vacuum that come with multiple attachments and a 0.3 micron filtration system.

Andy
    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
    V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Biodiversity Institute
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>
USA<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>

Tel: (785) 864-3863<tel:%28785%29%20864-3863>
Fax: (785) 864-5335<tel:%28785%29%20864-5335>
Email: abentley at ku.edu<mailto:abentley at ku.edu>
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3093-1258
http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu<http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu/>
    A  :             A  :             A  :