[Nhcoll-l] SPNHC Natural History Education DemoCamp -- help us spread the word!

Jennifer Bauer bauerjen at umich.edu
Fri May 5 12:04:13 EDT 2023

Greetings!

Please help us spread the word regarding the SPNHC Natural History
DemoCamp, which is designed to provide materials and resources to teachers,
educators, and faculty looking for easy-to-adopt educational materials that
engage students with the natural world. We have prepackaged material that
you can easily share with your institutions, societies, and colleagues.

*This year, the NHE DemoCamp will be held virtually on **14–15th June
2023.* Our
annual logo, that includes partner logos, is updated constantly to reflect
our current supporters. For an example of our final logo from last year,
see the end of this letter.

For more information about the NHE DemoCamp, you can visit our website
<https://spnhc.org/education-democamp/> that is updated regularly by the
SPNHC Education Committee and includes links to registration and other
event details. Registration for presenters and participants usually opens
early-to mid-April every year. Presenter registration closes mid- to
late-May, but participants registration stays open through the event dates.

Please see here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aHa1OsvMkrwhIc1OKL3rgDw7X5o_fDPF?usp=sharing>
for our promotional materials, including flyers and example text to send.
We have also attached our general logo, and included a template email and
social media post below for easy sharing!

Thank you,

SPNHC Education Committee

Below: Social Media text, Email text, generic event logo, sample logo
banner from last year

Social Media text:

You're invited to the @SPNHC Natural History Education DemoCamp!
Registration for presenters & attendees are open. This free virtual event
is designed to showcase engaging educational materials focusing on the
natural world.

Learn more & register at this link: https://spnhc.org/education-democamp/

Email Text:

The Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections Education
Sessional Committee is hosting a virtual Natural History Education DemoCamp
<https://spnhc.org/education-democamp/>. The goal is to share, discover,
and discuss educational materials that have a framework in natural history.
This is building upon our previous iterations of the 'education share fair'
that were hosted at the annual meeting.

Where: Zoom, of course!

When: 14th-15th of June, the amount of time blocks will be dependent on the
number of presenters.

Cost: Free!

Presenter registration is
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdtfvAiXQpePaCFPL2YUyeCQjROm_DX-gxy5a9p1T5ZaWiZ1g/viewform>
open until May 22nd and general attendee registration is here:DemoCamp Day 1
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZElf-yurzgpGN3BsBC74rInDkeXN-a1O8p3>
(June 14) DemoCamp Day 2
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYsc-Cqqz8pHdQpPB6kOyosMjZkiV6p1C8E>
(June 15) and will be open will be open up until the event. Please see the
website <https://spnhc.org/education-democamp/> for additional details and
reach out to us with any questions: educationdemocamp at gmail.com

--
Jennifer Bauer, Ph.D.