[Nhcoll-l] Paraformaldehyde for whole specimen fixation

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Thu May 11 13:22:49 EDT 2023

Hi Dave
There used to be a yellow powder called Dowicil which readily dissolved in fresh or marine water and which released formaldehyde in the presence of protein
I tested it in 1970 (!) and it gave good results at 10’/. concentration. Unsure if it’s available or if anyone else might have tried it more recently- produced by Dow chemicals.

With all good wishes, Simon Moore.
Sent from my iPhone