[Nhcoll-l] source in North America for paper shoulder boxes?

Chris J Conroy ondatra at berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 1 20:12:02 EDT 2023

Hello,
    At the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology at UC Berkeley we have for many
years purchased custom sized shoulder boxes for our skulls and skeletons.
These boxes fit snugly into our cabinet drawers. Unfortunately, the cost in
our latest quote has gone up about 4.25 to 6.5 fold due to labor and supply
costs in the last 10 years.
     I need to shop around to find an economical solution. If your museum
purchases custom made boxes like these, and you are happy with the price, I
would love to hear who your vendor is.
    Also, costs plummet with volume. So, if anyone who is familiar with the
MVZ boxes is interested, please let me know off list.

Thanks

Chris Conroy
Staff Curator of Mammals
MVZ