[Personal_archives] censorship vs. sensitivity

Dean, Heather heather.dean at yale.edu
Fri Oct 31 14:37:53 EDT 2008

Maybe I should have added that there are helpful definitions of "personal archives" in the SAA Glossary (http://www.archivists.org/glossary/term_details.asp?DefinitionKey=49) and "private archives" in the School of Library, Archival, and Information Studies at UBC's Archival Terminology (http://www.slais.ubc.ca/RESOURCES/students/Archival_Terminology.pdf).  Just to get extra geeky!

Good point, Rick, regarding contracts with donors...my guess is that it's best to get everything in writing.

Perhaps I've inadvertently led us away from the provocative questions Martha, Alison, and Nancy raised...