[SYO-mail] 2005-6 Season Update

syo-mail at mailman.yale.edu syo-mail at mailman.yale.edu
Wed Sep 14 12:03:22 EDT 2005

http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra

Dear Friends,
         The orchestra has been rehearsing for a couple of weeks now, and
we are excited about our many upcoming projects.  Once again we have a
great and excited group of musicians bringing new life and energy to old
favorites, and we anticipate sharing that energy with you on concert
day.  In addition to our symphonic concerts, we have some very exciting
projects in the works, including:
    * A compilation CD featuring highlights from the last several seasons
and comments by Music Director Perry So and founder Justin Albstein
    * A fully staged production of the ballet The Firebird, scheduled for
Spring 2006
    * Plans to expand the Educational Concert to provide opportunities for
more students to come and learn about orchestral instruments and classical
music (we are currently taking reservations, visit our website for more
details)
The latest news is always available at our website
(http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra).
         Please mark your calendars for the concerts of the 2005-6
Symphonic Season:

Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 3:00 pm, Battell Chapel - Academic Festival Overture,
Fountains of Rome, Beethoven 5; James Sinclair, Guest Conductor
Sunday, Feb. 26th 3:00 pm, Battell Chapel - Polovetsian Dances,
Scheherazade; Steven Thomas, Conductor
Saturday, April 29th, 8:00 pm, Battell Chapel - Swan Lake Suite, Dvorak
"New World" Symphony

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments at
syorchestra at yale.edu--we'd love to hear from you!  We look forward to
seeing you on October 23rd!

-Saybrook College Orchestra
http://www.yale.edu/syorchestra