[Tshwanelex-l] problem with arabic display

Isabella Chiari isabella.chiari at uniroma1.it
Wed Mar 28 18:48:00 EDT 2012

Hello,
I am experiencing the following problem.

I am using Tshwanelex Mac, I have a complex multilingual dictionary, whose
entries are in Arabic (while most of the text elements, etc. are in Latin
characters).

In the input mask I always see correctly the Arabic form I write, while in
the preview window I see it correctly only if I set Dictionary options to
right to left (I tried changing fonts also but that did not work), otherwise
I see the letters unconnected and in reverse order.

The problem is that if I select right to left than all the syntax in the
fields is inverted (places of separators among fields and also I would need
to type filed names in the reverseŠ).

How can I work with both Arabic and Latin (left to right) in different
fields of the dictionary? Is it possible?
Thank you in advance for your advices,
Isabella

--
Isabella Chiari

Dipartimento di Scienze documentarie, linguistico-filologiche e geografiche

Università di Roma ³La Sapienza²

pl.le Aldo Moro, 5, III Piano, Edificio ex Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia,
00185 Roma, tel. +30 06 4991 3575

E.mail: isabella.chiari at uniroma1.it

Website: www.alphabit.net