[Wgcp-whc] Fwd:Phylum Press poets @ arts+Literature Laboratory This Friday 7 pm

richard.deming at yale.edu richard.deming at yale.edu
Thu Sep 15 18:28:00 EDT 2005

>WORD of MOUTH, the monthly reading series @ ARTS + LITERATURE LABORATORY
>welcomes two poets of Phylum Press: Cathy Eisenhower & Anna Moschovakis.
>
>September 16th, 7pm
>
>Cathy Eisenhower grew up in Youngstown, Ohio, and now works as a librarian
>in Washington, D.C. She has published a chapbook of poems, Language of the
>Dog-heads, with Phylum Press, and her first full-length collection is
>forthcoming from Edge Books.
>
>Anna Moschovakis is a Brooklyn-based poet and translator. She has
>published translations of Henri Michaux, Claude Cahun, Blaise Cendrars,
>Theophile Gautier and Elie Faure. Her poetry has appeared in numerous
>publications including Art New England, BOMB magazine, The Iowa Review,
>The Poker, and Court Green and was included in the anthology 110 Stories:
>New York Writes After September 11th (NYU Press). A pamphlet version of
>her serial poem The Blue Book was released in 2005 by Phylum Press, and
>her first full-length book of poems, I Have Not Been Able to Get Through
>to Everyone, is forthcoming in 2006. A Ph.D. candidate in Comparative
>Literature at the CUNY Graduate Center, she currently teaches Great Books
>and Modern Poetry at Queens College. She is also an editor, designer and
>letterpress printer at Ugly Duckling Presse, a nonprofit art and
>publishing collective.
>
>Phylum Press is an independent publisher of innovative writing. Beginning
>in 2001, Phylum has published chapbooks, pamphlets, and collaborations by
>such writers as Peter Gizzi, Lynie Browne, Roberto Tejada, Kristin
>Prevallet, Graham Foust, Lorraine Graham, Susan Briante, Charles North,
>and others, working with artists including Trevor Winkfield, Ariel Potter,
>Lara Odell, and David Byrne. Reviews of Phylum publications have appeared
>in The Washington Review, Chicago Review, Shearsman, and Arthur. In 2003,
>Coracle Press published as part of their Little Critic series The Phylum
>Press Selection, an anthology of poems representing Phylum's first three
>years. Their website is <www.phylumpress.htm>www.phylumpress.com.
>
>PLEASE JOIN US! An open mic will start the evening--come a few minutes
>early to sign up.
>
>For more information, please visit the website at
><http://www.allgallery.org/>www.allgallery.org or call 203-671-5175.
>ALL 5 EDWARDS STREET NEW HAVEN CONNECTICUT
>The gallery is located at the corner of State and Edwards Street. Parking
>is available on the street or in a nearby lot.

The Yale-Readings Listserv is sponsored by the Yale Collection of American
Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library. To post
announcements about poetry and fiction readings, send the full text of the
announcement, including contact information, to
<http://mailman.yale.edu/mailman/listinfo/yale-readings>nancy.kuhl at
yale.edu. Messages sent directly to the Yale-Readings list may not be
posted.
----- End forwarded message -----