[Wgcp-whc] WG/CP--Reminder, meeting tomorrow

richard.deming at yale.edu richard.deming at yale.edu
Thu Apr 19 09:04:18 EDT 2007

Dear All,

just a quick reminder that the working in poetics will be meeting tomorrow
(Friday) at 3 PM in Rm 116 of the Whitney Humanities Center to discuss the work
of several contemporary Chinese poets including Xi Chuan, who will join us for a
discussion of his work and the state of poetry in China in two weeks (and in the
wake of yesterday's terrific reading by Xi Chuan and 6 of China's leading poets,
an event arranged by Lucas Klein, Cameron Gearen, and Jennifer Neeley).  There
are just a few copies left of the reading packet on which we'll base tomorrow's
session.  These can obtained in our mailbox in the main office of the Whitney
Humanities Center.

Also I'll paste below information of a book launch celebrating the release of a
book of poems by one of our members (congratulations Laura!).

Sincerely,
Richard Deming, Co-cordinator and Group Secretary