[Wgcp-whc] WG/CP--This Friday, R Waldrop

richard.deming at yale.edu richard.deming at yale.edu
Mon Sep 10 22:39:44 EDT 2007

Dear All,

just a reminder that we will have the first meeting of the Working Group in
Contemporary Poetics this Fri at 3 PM in Rm 116 of the Whitney Humanities
Center.  We will begin our semester with a discussion of the work of Rosmarie
Waldrop--poet, translator, publisher--who will be joining us the following
Friday for a conversation.  We ill be looking a a few essays taken from her
recent book Dissonances (U of Alabama P).  We will all discuss Curves on the
Apple, recently published by New Directions, which collects three of Waldrop's
most important books--The Reproduction of Profiles, Lawn of Excluded Middle,
and Reluctant Gravities.  There are 2 copies still available for anyone who
might like a copy--these are free and available to group members.  We do ask
that people only take a copy if they believe they can make at least one of the
2 sessions devoted to Waldrop's work. The copies are in our designated slot
below the mailboxes of the main office of the Whitney Humanities Center.  Also,
you'll find photocopies of the Waldrop essays we'll be discussing as well.

Here is a very useful interview w/ Waldrop:
http://www.conjunctions.com/webcon/cooperman.htm

Here is a page to several links of the poet reading her work:
http://writing.upenn.edu/pennsound/x/Waldrop.html

And here is a link to her author page at the Electronic Poetry Center.  Here one
can find links to her work online--including excerpts from the collection we'll
be focusing on this Friday.

Hope to see everyone there. And remember, feel free to spread the word to anyone
who might be interested.

Onward,
Richard Deming, Co-cordinator.