[Wgcp-whc] Upcmoing readings of interest to the WGCP

richard.deming at yale.edu richard.deming at yale.edu
Mon Feb 9 21:58:06 EST 2009

Hello fellow Poeticians,

I'm currently assembling the report on last week's session on the poetry and
poetics on Forrest Gander, who will be joining us for our next session, on Feb.
20th.  In the meantime, I wanted to pass on the word of several upcoming
readings--two of which are occurring this week.

Susan Howe and David Grubbs, Poetry Reading & Musical Performance
Tuesday, February 10, 4:00 pm
Beinecke Library, 121 Wall Street
Yale Collection of American Literature Reading Series
Contact: nancy.kuhl at yale.edu

Peter Cole, Poetry Reading
Wednesday, February 11, 5 pm
Whitney Humanities Center, 55 Wall Street, room 208
Co-sponsored by the Whitney Humanities Center, the Department of English, and
the Slifka Center
Contact: manana.sikic at yale.edu

Barry Schwabsky, Poetry Reading
Wednesday, February 18, 10:30 am
Yale Sculpture Building, 36 Edgewood Avenue
Sponsored by the Yale School Art, Sculpture Department
Contact: (203) 432-2600

Also, I bring word by way of member-at-large Abigail Lang and from our branch
office in Paris about the following archive.

Double Change and Les presses du réel are pleased to announce the
release of:

Double Change ? A Film Archive of Poetry, 18 films
by Meryem Delagarde in two volumes, each containing 9 DVD videos (vol.
1 : 2004-2005, vol. 2 : 2004-2005), under the imprint Motion Method
Memory.

Double Change offers a perspective on contemporary French and American
poetry through a bilingual reading series. Each encounter brings
together two poets who read in their respective language.
Opportunities for interaction, crosspollination and translation, these
exchanges have been filmed to create an archive. <www.
doublechange.com>

Double Change 1 ? A film archive
of poetry ? 2004-2005

9 films by Meryem Delagarde

Edited by Abigail Lang & Dominique Pasqualini

Charles Bernstein | Juliette Valéry

Jean-François Bory | Rosmarie Waldrop

Rae Armantrout | Philippe Beck

Cécile Mainardi | Joe Ross | Yannick Liron

Jacques Roubaud | Keith Waldrop

Norma Cole | Emmanuel Hocquard

Cole Swensen

Valérie Mréjen | Bill Berkson

Walt Whitman Hom(m)age 2005 | 1855

Bilingual edition (French / English), Dijon, France, Les presses du
réel / MMM, January 2009.

ISBN : 978-2-84066-299-0, EAN : 9782840662990, 45 ?.

http://www.lespressesdureel.com/ouvrage.php?id=1210

Double Change 2 ? A film archive
of poetry ? 2005-2006

9 films by Meryem Delagarde

Edited by Abigail Lang & Dominique Pasqualini

Joseph Mouton | Robert Grenier

Oscarine Bosquet | Kristin Prevallet

Yves Di Manno | Jerome Rothenberg

Jerome Rothenberg

Isabelle Garron | Tracy Grinnell

Tom Raworth | Pierre Alferi

Pierre Fourny | Thalia Field

Bernard Heidsieck | Karen Mac Cormack | Steve Mccaffery

Kathleen Fraser | Ryoko Sekiguchi

Bilingual edition (French / English), Dijon, France, Les presses du
réel / MMM, January 2009.

ISBN : 978-2-84066-300-3, EAN : 9782840663003, 45 ?.

http://www.lespressesdureel.com/ouvrage.php?id=1209

Orders can be placed online: www.lespressesdureel.com