[Wgcp-whc] tomorrow--Andrew Zawacki

Richard Deming richard.deming at yale.edu
Thu Dec 8 23:22:05 EST 2011

Dear All,

just a reminder that we will meet tomorrow, Friday, from 3-5 in room 116 of the Whitney Humanities Center to continue our discussion of Petals of Zero Petals of One.  The author, Andrew Zawacki will join us for the conversation.

Also, in our last discussion, I read an excerpt from a newer poem of Zawacki's entitled Errormirror.  People asked if I might circulate what I read.  I'll paste that below.

Also, one of the sequences in Petals of Zero references the poet Gustaf Sobin.  Here are two links to Sobin poems on line.

http://www.conjunctions.com/archives/c35-gs.htm
http://bostonreview.net/BR35.4/sobin.php

See everyone tomorrow for our last session of the year.

Onward!
Richard Deming, Coordinator

from ERRORMIRROR

Poincaré on the step of a bus, Proust on a paving stone. Rain mutes in a minor key, a Venn diagram mars the armor of the water. I’m getting used to it—not getting used to it—, & the upturned leaves of the anise tree. Our words recur to quietness, as ripples on the surface of a lake return to lake.